- Academic and creative critique
- Analysis of critique
- Power structures
- Critical thinking
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Book of readings
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Assignment 1 - Identifying Critique (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Performing Critique (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Quiz 2 (15%)
- Assignment 4 - Quiz 1 (15%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Engage critically with the culture in which you live via a wide variety of written and audio-visual materials, texts and sources. Examine the way common-sense knowledge is constructed and operates in society. Explore the forms and possibilities of critique in the "postmodern digital" age.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.