- Overview of the Local Planning system in Australia
- Local Planning and Data Collection
- The Planning Framework
- Expanding the Relationship: Local Planning Strategies and Local Planning Schemes
- Exploring Local Planning Strategies
- Local Planning Schemes
- Local Planning Schemes Provisions and Development Control: Part I
- Local Planning Schemes Provisions and Development Control: Part II
- Development Standards
- Assessment Methods
- Report Writing
- Future for Local Authorities and Local Planning
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
This subject is a prerequisite for another subject and must be taken prior to URP560 Integrated Plan Making.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Examines the framework for local plan-making. Tools and mechanisms including data systems, local planning strategies and schemes, legislation and the implementation of local planning are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Profile and key issue papers (30%)
- Local Planning Strategy/Town Planning Scheme (40%)
- Development Control Exercise (30%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.
Master of Science Project Management
- Research Major Stream
- Professional Major Stream