- Overview of local government system
- Local government planner and data collection
- The Planning Framework
- Expanding the Relationship: Local Planning Strategies and Local Planning Schemes
- Exploring Local Planning Strategies
- Local Planning Schemes
- Local Planning Schemes Provisions and Development Control: Part I
- Local Planning Schemes Provisions and Development Control: Part II
- Development Standards
- Assessment Methods
- Report Writing
- Future for Local Authorities and Local Planning
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
This subject is a prerequisite for another subject and must be taken prior to URP560 Integrated Plan Making.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Examines the framework for local plan-making. Tools and mechanisms including data systems, local planning strategies and schemes, legislation and the implementation of local planning are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Development control (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Planning strategy/scheme (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Profile and Key Issues Paper (30%)