Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Formalism and film analysis
- Classical Narrative
- Genre: The Western
- Genre: Horror & Sci-fi
- Genre: Film noir
- French New Wave and Counter-Cinema
- Experimental, Animation & Non-Narrative
- New World Filmmaking and Digital Media
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Introduction to the history, and theory of screen arts, including: drama, documentary, avant-garde, television and new media with an emphasis on formalist and genre analysis.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Journal Part 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Journal Part 2 (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Essay (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Tutorial Presentation (30%)