Introduction to Measurement of Construction Works
Examine the Australian measurement standards used in construction. Use rules to measure simple construction examples. Find alternative ways to measure builder’s quantities and estimates. Use techniques to quantify and cost construction work.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe the uses of measurement in the local and international construction industries
- interpret and communicate industry principles and rules for measuring simple construction works
- interpret specifications and drawings for measuring simple construction works
- apply construction methods and measurement principles to produce measurements for simple construction works in accordance with industry principles and rules.
- Introduction to Building Measurement in the Construction Industry
- Introduction to ASMM, Areas and Perimeters
- Application of the ASMM and Measuring of Centre Lines
- Earthwork Measurement
- Conrete Measurement
- Measurement of Reinforcements
- Measurement of Formwork
- Staircase Measurement
- Measurement of Concrete Frame
- Computer Aided Measurement
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-CME101-Low Rise Construction, or CUR-CME110 ;
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Introduction to Building Measurement.
In this subject students will examine the various uses of measurement in the construction industry. The principles and rules of building measurement are applied to the measurement of simple construction works examples using the Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works. Students will be required to demonstrate different methods for recording measurements, including hand-written and computer-based approaches.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Test (20%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.