Internet Interactivity Design
Produce a website with an eye for the fundamentals of usability. Focus on layout themes. Obtain an understanding of logos and icons in web design. Encourage users to interact with your site by teaching them how to navigate intuitively.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online and other materials
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify methods of interaction between a user and a website
- appreciate that effective design for interactions can be achieved by conserving quality over abundance
- concisely teach users how to navigate and use the interactivity of a website in one page
- develop strategies to integrate different design elements together into a suitably designed website presentation
- design consistent interactivity for the user that is relevant to the content presented to the user
- develop basic understanding on the use and implementation of interactive web technologies.
- Defining Interactivity
- Interface Design for Interactive Elements
- Usability in Interactivity Design
- Navigation Concepts
- Advanced Layout Themes
- Background Design
- Icons and Logos in Web Design
- Aesthetic Effect
- Usability Testing
- Universal Accessibility
- Study guide
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-DIG251-Internet Design Introduction, or CUR-NED11 ;
No special requirements
This unit sees the execution of an interactive website based on a specific topic or subject. Students will develop fundamental skills in the use of current web technologies to design engaging and meaningful interactive elements for their websites. Students will explore fundamental principles of user interactivity for web, engage in web experience development and focus on the development of design solutions for online interactivity.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University unit you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your unit grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Pre-production document (30%)
- Final website (40%)
- Interactive prototype (30%)