Internet Dynamic Environment Design
Wield HTML5 and CSS to create web pages. Set up an online store using a content management system. Develop themes in WordPress. Apply your creative and technical thinking to produce an active front-end interface for a small to medium business.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Online and other materials
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse existing websites for key features
- use a variety of techniques to create sophisticated websites
- use an appropriate content management system to create a dynamically populated website
- learn the advantages of creating a your own content management system 'from scratch'
- design and build appropriate custom interfaces for commonly used content management systems.
- An Introduction to Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Planning your e-commerce site
- Researching your market & creating a sitemap and wireframes
- Designing your website in Photoshop
- Slicing your Photoshop file
- Building a website from scratch in HTML5 & CSS
- Setting up a shop in your CMS
- Creating a theme from scratch
- Wordpress theme development tutorial Part 1
- Wordpress theme development
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-DIG252-Internet Interactivity Design , or CUR-NED35
No special requirements
- Website Prototype (30%)
- Final Website (40%)
- Preproduction documentation (30%)