Internet Design Introduction
Amass the concepts, skills and tool-set to create a page on the world wide web. Analyse site design processes and principles. Take account of accessibility, usability and navigation. Deliver your own fully-functioning interactive website.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- reflect on how the World Wide Web has evolved from its specialized origins to the now-ubiquitous role that it plays in our information-based society
- edit and optimise suitable text and graphics for web delivery with an emphasis on streamlined readability and efficient graphic formatting/compression
- understand and navigate copyright issues relating to the use of media and content in a digital authoring environment
- understand and apply basic website usability and accessibility concepts in the design production and delivery of a website.
- A brief introduction to the internet
- Web design process
- Web design principles
- Layout tips and Inspiration
- Organising Information
- Colour Basics
- Web Typography
- Layout Techniques
- Intro to Search Engine Optimization
- Pre-Launch Website checks
- Future Trends in Web Design
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
- Exercise 3 (40%)
- Exercise 2 (30%)
- Exercise 1 (30%)