You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- History, concepts and terms, conflicts of laws
- The law of contract
- The law of agency
- International contracts for the sale of goods
- International sale of goods & Vienna Convention
- Intellectual Property
- International carriage of goods
- Marine insurance
- Payment in international trade
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-BLW14-Business Law , or CUR-BLW17
No special requirements
This subject will cover: the four sources of international business law, an overview of the common law of contract and agency and an introduction to treaties and domestic legislation that may impact on aspects of international trade.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (30%)
- Assignment — Problem based (20%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (50%)
Textbook information is pending.