Interior Design Studio 3 - Micro
Begin your exploration of the language and techniques of architectural design. Think about design in terms of liveable spaces. Branch out into modelling and diagramming. Build up an understanding of some of the issues and considerations in this field.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and analyse design elements in the environment
- apply techniques relevant to observation, process and design outcomes
- synthesise information from a range of sources to create and present an informed design response that includes material and construction
- reflect upon, speculate and critique own work during its formation and resolution
- construct a full scale habitable environment using appropriate materials and construction techniques.
- Introduction to Interior Architecture
- Anthropometrics and people scale
- Interior Photography
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Design 3.
An introduction to the language of design and the key issues and processes of designing interiors. Students will engage in abstract thought and experimentation in design ideas such as anthropometrics and human occupation of space, navigation and interiority. Appropriate modes of communication including drawing, modelling, discussion, speculation and reflection will be exercised. Students will study implications of site including solar, wind and sound. Material, basic construction and detailing will be introduced.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Concept Design Proposal (20%)
- Design DevelopmentPresentation (30%)
- Built Project (50%)
Textbook information is pending.