- Introduction: Space, Place and Globalisation
- Globalisation and Cultural GeographyPopulation (Demography)
- Population: Crisis or Crises?
- Geographies of Language
- Political Geographies: Geography of Power and the Power of Geography
- Urban Geographies: The Urban Order
- Geographies of Development
- Economic Geographies
- Agricultural Geographies
- Environmental Challenges
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-GPH510-Human Geography
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as GPH11 Introduction to Human Geography.
This subject provides an introduction to human geography in global, national, regional and local contexts. Main topics include: population growth; fertility and mortality; migration, voluntary and forced; spatial patterns of cultural differentiation; development of and changes in economic activity; urbanisation; and the relationships between people, resource use and the environment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (40%)
- Report (40%)
- Test (20%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education