Foundations of Psychology
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate how major theories and research in psychology contribute to an understanding of human behaviour
- describe principles of perception, thinking, language, intelligence, consciousness, psychological disorders and treatment
- critically evaluate psychological theory on the basis of available evidence
- apply psychological phenomena to the everyday context of people's lives.
- To be advised in subject outline
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-PSB110C-Foundations of Psychology (No longer available)
No additional requirements
Broad outline of the study of mental processes. Introduction to perception, thinking, language, intelligence, consciousness, psychological disorders, and psychological therapies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Multiple choice e-Test (20%)
- Written assignment (50%)
- Take home test (30%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.