Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Drama Narratives & Editing
- Auteurism & Cinematography
- The Other: post colonialism
- Interpretation of Otherness
- Feminist Cinema & Gender
- Femmes Fatales: Gender & Transgression
- Hegemonic Masculinity
- Knowledge & Innocence: the child on screen
- Home, Place and Citizenship: mythologies of everyday life
- Genre Identities: romance, disguise and the forbidden
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Students will study a variety of drama film styles and narrative screen forms in order to understand and critique a range of creative and filmic approaches to drama screen production.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Tutorial presentation & contribution (40%)
- Research Essay (30%)
- Group Presentation (30%)