- Paint as substance
- Figure field
- Colour and associations
- Colour relationships
- Colour, tone and temperature
- Transformation and development
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
- Other special requirement — Supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
This subject was previously known as Painting: Methods and Material.
This subject is designed to engage you in the ideas of contemporary art through practical application of technical skills and conceptual development. In this subject you will be encouraged to align conceptual development with the acquisition of traditional and contemporary skills across a range of visual art methods. You will undertake several set art projects utilising traditional and contemporary skills and concepts from a wide range of fine art media.
You must supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Final Folio Assessment (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Project Presentation (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Studio Report (10%)