Financial Statement Analysis
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- implement strategic and managerial decision-making reflecting operational and technical problem-solving issues
- develop financial analysis and reporting skills using quantitative and qualitative data approaches
- evaluate professional skills and competencies that are recognised in financial analysis practice
- demonstrate academic and professional integrity principles and apply writing, referencing and acknowledgement conventions required for the economics and finance discipline
- Fundamental analysis in securities
- Australian Accounting Standards
- International Accounting Standards
- Analysis of financial reports and disclosures
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This subject aims to provide students with a knowledge and understanding of fundamental analysis in securities. The syllabus is dynamic in keeping with the evolving accounting standards both in Australia and internationally. It highlights the analysis of financial reports and disclosures through hands-on exercises and underscores practical applications based on the actual business operations of companies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Exercise (20%)
- Case Study and Presentation (50%)
- Case Study (30%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 23 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.