Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and interpret the key concepts in selected International Financial reporting Standards relevant to external reporting
- analyse and solve accounting issues for reporting entities in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- explain, justify and apply the policies within International financial reporting standards to a knowledgeable audience
- explain the social and economic role of general purpose financial reporting through corporate reporting practices and current accounting issues.
- Module 1 (Part 1): Leases
- Module 1 (Part 2): Leases
- Module 2: Shares and Reserve (Part 1)
- Module 2: Shares and Reserve (Part 2)
- Module 3: Presentation of financial statements
- Module 4: Sustainability and CSR reporting
- Module 5: Accounting policies
- Module 6: Earnings per share
- Module 7: Statement of cash flows – Part 1
- Module 7: Statement of cash flows – Part 2
- Module 8: Foreign Currency transactions & Translation of foreign currency financial statements
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
The aim of this subject is to provide students with an understanding of financial reporting practices in accordance with selected financial reporting standards. It will also examine the theories underlying these standards and practices.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Financial statements assessment (30%)
- School-invigilated eTest (20%)
- Final invigilated examination (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects