Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify significant issues in contemporary Asia
- outline the important historical benchmarks of Asia post-World War 2
- compare and contrast social, economic, political and cultural developments in Asia
- synthesise information from various sources to develop an argument on Asia's trajectory
- Geography, History, Politics and Economy
- Current Issues: International Relations, Religion, Population, Urbanisation, Ethnicity, Gender Issues
- Introduction to China, India and Indonesia
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This subject is area-focused and interdisciplinary, designed to enhance Asia literacy by discovering Asia's diversity from historical developments to current global engagements. It covers traditional topics such as history and geography, as well as more contemporary issues facing Asia today, such as the issues of gender equality, environmental sustainability and globalisation. This subject employs a topical approach and provides an introduction to three of the largest Asian countries: China, India and Indonesia.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- eTest (20%)
- Project on current issues in Asia (50%)
- Reflective Journal (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).