- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
Students MUST complete either two History or two Geography subjects.
No special requirements
This subject will cover an Introduction to general curriculum. Introduction to local, national and international perspectives on curriculum. Critical analysis and evaluation of curriculum documents. Curriculum planning processes. Micro-teaching - planning, teaching and evaluating lessons. Teaching for diversity of learners' needs (including cultural diversity, diversity of learning styles and abilities). Assessment of student achievement. Social sciences upper-school curriculum. Degrees of study. Personal beliefs and assumptions in relation to learning and teaching.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 — Inquiry (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Project (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 2 — Plan Teach Evaluate (30%)