Creative Writing Supervised Project
Your upfront cost: $0
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- carry out self-directed research and creative development, appropriate to the production of a substantial new creative work in their chosen genre
- use the Research Question Model to conceive and develop new creative work as research
- evaluate research plans and work-in-progress in terms of creative production as research
- reflect on one's own creative with reference to key theories and concepts.
- The research question model
- Writing the Proposal 1
- Writing the Proposal 2
- Polishing the proposal
- Starting the creative production: workshop process
- Creative production workshop. Planning an exegesis. Research strategies.
- Linking exegesis and creative project Workshop and editing
- Developing the final creative project
- Developing the creative project: thinking about “the end”
- Developing the exegesis, including the bibliography
- Editing and redrafting. Revisiting the bibliography
- Editing final draft
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
Extended, advanced study in a selected genre or individual project under the supervision of a lecturer. Applications to enrol in this subject, when pre-requisites have not been met, will be considered by the Subject Coordinator.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project proposal (20%)
- Work-in-progress (30%)
- Final Project (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.