Creative Writing Supervised Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- carry out self-directed research and creative development, appropriate to the production of a substantial new creative work in their chosen genre
- use the Research Question Model to conceive and develop new creative work as research
- evaluate research plans and work-in-progress in terms of creative production as research
- reflect on one's own creative with reference to key theories and concepts.
- The research question model
- Writing the Proposal 1
- Writing the Proposal 2
- Polishing the proposal
- Starting the creative production: workshop process
- Creative production workshop. Planning an exegesis. Research strategies.
- Linking exegesis and creative project Workshop and editing
- Developing the final creative project
- Developing the creative project: thinking about “the end”
- Developing the exegesis, including the bibliography
- Editing and redrafting. Revisiting the bibliography
- Editing final draft
Extended, advanced study in a selected genre or individual project under the supervision of a lecturer. Applications to enrol in this subject, when pre-requisites have not been met, will be considered by the Subject Coordinator.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project proposal (20%)
- Work-in-progress (30%)
- Final Project (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.