- Introduction to Construction Industry Management
- National economy and the construction industry
- Understanding project lifecycle stages
- Construction contract documents
- Team selection procedures in the construction industry
- Innovative practices in contemporary construction management
- Managing risks and uncertainties in construction project delivery
- Professional bodies in the construction industry: the making of the project team
- Professional ethics and, crime and corruption in the construction industry
- Professional service marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Construction Industry Management.
This subject will provide students with an overview of the construction industry, project life cycle, the industry’s place in the community and external factors that influence it. The role, functions, and professional practices of construction managers, quantity surveyors and project managers will be discussed. Students will be introduced to a range of management concepts and techniques associated with construction projects.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Online Test (20%)
- Collaborative Reflective Journal (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.