Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- provide an overview of the business context of business combinations and other complex accounting issues
- critically analyse and solve accounting issues related to business structural changes and combinations
- appraise selected current issues in accounting.
- Business Combinations
- Introduction to Consolidations
- Consolidations – Wholly Owned Entities
- Consolidations – Intragroup Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Related Party Transactions
- Corporate Failure
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide students with an advanced knowledge of corporate transactions and business combinations. It will also address current issues in business and how these impact accounting.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Mid Semester Test (20%)
- Group Comprehensive assignment (30%)
- Final Invigilated Exam (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects