Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- provide an overview of the business context of business combinations and other complex accounting issues
- critically analyse and solve accounting issues related to business structural changes and combinations
- appraise selected current issues in accounting.
- Business Combinations
- Introduction to Consolidations
- Consolidations – Wholly Owned Entities
- Consolidations – Intragroup Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Related Party Transactions
- Corporate Failure
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-ACC230-Financial Reporting (No longer available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject aims to provide students with an advanced knowledge of corporate transactions and business combinations. It will also address current issues in business and how these impact accounting.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Mid Semester Test (20%)
- Group Comprehensive assignment (30%)
- Final Invigilated Exam (50%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Financial Reporting, 3rd ed.
Loftus, et al.
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects