- Shape with meaning
- Shape accuracy from Observation
- Top-Down Drawing
- The Figure in Stone
- Tonal range and edge control
- Tonal range and the role of mark making
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
You are recommended to have completed Level 1 or have equivalent knowledge before starting this Level 2 subject.
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials — Art/Drawing materials
- Other special requirement — Digital Camera and/or Scanner
This subject was previously known as Visual Arts Research - Drawing A.
This subject is designed to develop skills in the visual arts through processes, techniques and research concepts relevant to contemporary art practice. You will develop research methodologies that will support and strengthen your investigation in contemporary art practice through drawing or other media.
You must supply your own art materials and have access to a scanner and digital camera for documenting your artwork for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Portfolio (40%)
- Folio examination (60%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Fine Art and Visual Culture
- Common Level 1
- Level 1 Major - Fine Art
- Level 1 Major - Visual Culture
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 1
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 2
- Level 3 Major - Fine Art
- Level 3 Major - Visual Culture