You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Introduction to Fashion and Art
- The Belle Epoque 1900-1914
- Paris in the 1920s
- Mannequins and Surrealism
- Fashion, Art and Ideology
- Post-War - 'The New Look'
- Sixties 'Cool'
- Anti Fashion 1968 -1972
- Commodity Culture in the 1980s
- Diversity in the 1990s
- Fashion and Art in the 21st Century
- Perspectives on Fashion and Art in Australia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
You must have a high level of proficiency in the English language and competent essay writing skills.
No special requirements
Learn about the relationship between art and fashion in historical and contemporary contexts. Influences on art and their reflection in fashion are considered both chronologically as well as thematically. Explore links between the development of industrialised societies, their customs, desires and the development of consumerism.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay 1 (40%)
- Essay 2 (45%)
- Test (15%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Fine Art and Visual Culture
- Common Level 1
- Level 1 Major - Fine Art
- Level 1 Major - Visual Culture
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 1
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 2
- Level 3 Major - Fine Art
- Level 3 Major - Visual Culture
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Art History
- Major in Chinese Language
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Criminal Justice
- Major in History
- Major in Journalism
- Major in Literature
- Major in Media Studies
- Major in Public Relations
- Major in Screen Culture
- Major in Sociology