- Introduction to Art and Design Principles
- Getting Started: Thinking and Doing
- Line and Shape
- Texture and Pattern
- Colour Dimensions
- Form and Space: Relationships in 2 & 3 Dimensions
- Application of Art and Design principles
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Digital Camera and/or Scanner
- OtherDetails -
Art /Design materials
This subject introduces students to the fundamentals common to art and design practices.
The aim of the subject is to increase awareness of possibilities and to equip students with conceptual tools that can be used for generating, developing and refining art and design ideas. As well the subject develops analytical skills for trouble-shooting when an art or design work is not developing as intended.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Exercise 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Exercise 2 (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Portfolio (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject