Art and Creativity
Draw connections between the artist and their community. Reflect on the link between popular and cultural practices with contemporary art. Seek inspiration in staff-directed research. Harness your creative impulses to produce an original art project.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 May 2022
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop imaginative ideas and responses from varied sources through self and staff initiated research
- work independently and in groups to analyse and interrogate relationships between contemporary art and popular cultural practices and between the artist and the community
- document, analyse and represent new ideas in a variety of forms.
- Module 1: The creative mix
- Module 2: The practical experience
- Module 3: Independent Project: exhibiting ideas or animating ideas
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Digital Camera and/or Scanner
- Other requirements -
Other special requirement — Art Materials
Engage and challenge practices of creativity, innovation and aesthetic experience in contemporary life. Students investigate contemporary forms of cultural practice in order to articulate and represent new critical ways of thinking.
You must supply your own art materials and have access to a scanner and digital camera for documenting your artwork for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (15%)
- Portfolio 1 (35%)
- Portfolio 2 (50%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.