- Students will be provided with a list of topics in their Unit Outline.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Investigation (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Test (10%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Exercise (20%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
This subject introduces students to the practice and theory of archives management. The subject is grounded in an understanding of international archival principles, which are well formulated and form the basis of practice in this continually evolving environment. Topics include archival theory, appraisal, acquisition and accessioning, arrangement and description and access regimes and challenges.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.