Architecture Methods 2
Discover the intricacies and challenges of creating a representation of space, form and structure. Use techniques including rendering, digital collage and hand-drawing. Put your design process into practice with Work Integrated Learning.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- use appropriate methods and techniques to communicate the relationship between the body and the landscape
- use appropriate methods and techniques to express emotional and evocative qualities of a developed design proposition
- select, collate and communicate ideas and design processes.
- Orthogonal Drawing
- Perspective Drawing
- Introduction to Autocad
- Introduction to Photoshop
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
Students who have completed BAS140 PRIOR to 2015 are not required to enrol into its co-requisite BAS145 as it was previously counted as double subject. From 2015, BAS140 must be enrolled at same time.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
- SoftwareDetails - Students are required to purchase or have access to the Adobe Creative Suite of programs, specifically Photoshop. The presentation techniques learned in this programs will be used throughout the Architecture Course.
This subject was previously known as Architectural Habitation Methods.
This subject informs the architectural design process and explores the importance of visualization of concepts and sketch design by an introduction to hand-drawn perspectives, rendering and collage. Computer Aided Design in 2D and digital collage are used for architectural representation of space, form, structure and material. Work Integrated Learning is incorporated through replicating the design process in practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Portfolio (30%)
- Presentation 1 (30%)
- Presentation 2 (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.