- Site Analysis
- What is a Crit, Techniques of Expression
- Simples Plans, Sections and Elevations
- Concept Development, The Stopping Place
- Analytical Diagrams, Design Materials
- Orthographic Drawing, Performance Places
- Design Darwinism
- Architectural Photography, Crossing Over
- Graphic Layouts, Presentation Drawings
- Folio Examples
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
Students who have completed BAS110 PRIOR to 2015 are not required to enrol into its co-requisite BAS115 as it was previously counted as double subject. From 2015, BAS110 must be enrolled at same time.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
- OtherDetails -
In this studio unit(s) students are required to purchase a number of specific items for hand drawing, sketching and presenting. These supplies will continue to be used and required throughout the course.
This subject informs the architectural design process and explores the importance of visualisation of concepts, sketch design and developed design by an introduction to hand-drawn sketching, diagramming, photography, orthographic projection and modelling techniques and applications. Work integrated learning is engaged through developing fundamental design methods and communication in the architectural practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation 1 (20%)
- Presentation 2 (30%)
- Portfolio (50%)