- What is Research
- Starting the Research
- Reviewing Literature for Research
- Research Methods in Architecture
- Writing a Research Proposal
- One-on-one time with your supervisor
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Architectural Thesis Methods and Preparation.
Students will develop skills and knowledge in architectural research methods, leading to the preparation of an architectural dissertation proposal. This Proposal includes an extensive study of relevant literature, research methods, exemplars and precedents in the selected field of study as it relates to the discipline of architecture.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Preliminary dissertation (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Final dissertation (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Interim dissertation (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject