You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- What is Research
- Starting the Research
- Reviewing Literature for Research
- Research Methods in Architecture
- Writing a Research Proposal
- One-on-one time with your supervisor
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Architectural Thesis Methods and Preparation.
Application of skills and knowledge obtained in architectural research in theory and methods, leading to the development of an architectural dissertation proposal. The Proposal includes an extensive study of relevant literature, exemplars and precedents in the selected field of study as it relates to the discipline of architecture.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal (20%)
- Interim Dissertation Proposal (30%)
- Final Dissertation Proposal (50%)
Textbook information is pending.