Urban Design Research Methods
Create models and drawings to communicate a solution to an urban design problem.Be inspired by urban design data from a variety of local and international sources. Expand your understanding of urban contexts. Present your finished design solution.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 02 Mar 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- use appropriate research methods and codes to identify, analyse and integrate urban design principles of local and international urban contexts and sites
- investigate and apply three dimensional forms and spaces through ordering, sequencing and modeling to inform the design process and proposal
- communicate the resolution of urban and architectural design project in regard to site composition and spatial planning through applying manual and digital graphic techniques and 3-D modelling form and spatial relationships
- City of Experience
- The Urban Text
- Reviews / Examples
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
CUR-MAA407-Urban Design Research Studio , or CUR-MAA403
Students who have completed MAA407(previously MAA403) PRIOR to 2015 are not required to enrol into its co-requisite MAA408 as it was previously counted as double subject.
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
Students will investigate methods of research to develop, communicate and present urban and architectural design solutions. These methods will be applied to the urban contexts being studied in the co-requisite Urban Design Research Studio.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Conceptual Design Project Presentation (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.