- Introduction to Complex Buildings
- Site Analysis
- Masterplanning and Placemaking
- Schematic Design: Concept & Presentation
- Design Development: Arch Systems
- Design Development: Sustainability
- Design Development: Detailing
- Design Development: Accessibility
- Design Development: Presentation
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- CUR-MAA409-Complex Buildings Research Studio
Students who have completed MAA409 (previously MAA406) PRIOR to 2015 are not required to enrol into its co-requisite MAA411 as it was previously counted as double subject.
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject focuses on the ‘making’ of outputs emanating from complex buildings design. Students will develop a series of outputs which describe the design from the co-requisite Complex Buildings Research Studio, in written, graphical and oral presentation forms.
Work Integrated Learning will be incorporated throughout the subject by using a mode of teaching where design activity will take place in workshop situations/ on sites/ simulation of the real world project/ interaction with community and industry etc.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Portfolio (30%)
- Project Report 1 (35%)
- Project Report 2 (35%)