- Three Important Skills
- Metric Measurement
- Displaying & Analysing Categorical Data
- Displaying & Analysing Continuous Data
- Bivariate Analysis
- The Normal Distribution
- Inferential Statistics
- Algebra - Expressions
- Algebra - Equations
- Linear Functions
- Exponential Functions
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject aims to develop a core set of numeracy skills that will aid students in further study - particularly in Health Sciences and Business. Students will be introduced to a variety of mathematical concepts from basic numerical to statistical to financial, and to their real-life applications in Health Sciences and Business.
Please note: This mathematics subject from the UniReady Enabling Program may not satisfy university mathematics entry requirements.
Please Note: This subject cannot be used as credit towards a university degree.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Investigation (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Test (20%)