Animation and Motion Graphics Design
Learn techniques behind your favourite animations. Become a puppeteer to the moving image as you craft an animated sequence – learning how storyboarding, planning and resourcing comes into play. Build skills to communicate a story.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply animation techniques and principles to create a coherent animation sequence
- identify and develop screen practices such as storyboarding and planning
- evaluate the resource needs for an animation project
- plan and communicate a narrative using animation techniques.
- Introduction to animation as a medium
- Principles of Animation (Part 1)
- Principles of Animation (Part 2)
- Introduction to Motion Graphics as a medium
- Typography in Motion Graphics
- Title sequences and opening credits
- Online assignment submission
- Chat Rooms
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Computer capable of running project-relevant animation software
- OtherDetails -
Relevant Animation Software (eg. Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, zBrush etc)
This subject introduces students to the principles of spatial and temporal design with a focus on the fundamentals of animation. Through a series of technical and conceptual activities, students will have the opportunity to experiment with animation techniques and discern its role as a medium for communication.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercises (20%)
- Proposal (35%)
- Project (45%)
Textbook information is pending.