- Introduction to animation as a medium
- Principles of Animation (Part 1)
- Principles of Animation (Part 2)
- Introduction to Motion Graphics as a medium
- Typography in Motion Graphics
- Title sequences and opening credits
- Online assignment submission
- Chat Rooms
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Computer capable of running project-relevant animation software
- OtherDetails -
Relevant Animation Software (eg. Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, zBrush etc)
This subject introduces students to the principles of spatial and temporal design with a focus on the fundamentals of animation. Through a series of technical and conceptual activities, students will have the opportunity to experiment with animation techniques and discern its role as a medium for communication.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercises (20%)
- Proposal (35%)
- Project (45%)
Textbooks are not required.