Advanced Superannuation and Retirement Planning
Search through superannuation legislation to get an understanding of its effect on super funds.Translate contribution rules and superannuation regulations. Explain how superannuation is taxed. Forecast outcomes for couples in the event of divorce.
Your upfront cost: $0
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret the legislation regulating the superannuation industry and apply this to the operation of superannuation funds
- explain and analyse the taxes applied to superannuation
- compare the operation of self-managed superannuation funds with other forms of superannuation funds.
- Introduction and regulatory framework
- Regulation: Trustees
- Regulation: Investments
- Taxation and audit of Superannuation Funds
- Pension Phase: Benefits
- Death Benefits Superannuation
- Employment Termination Payments
- Centrelink and Income Streams
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subjects primary aim is to introduce students to the Australian Superannuation system and legislation. This subject is a taxation unit which aims to give a basic understanding of the practical application of income tax law and the superannuation legislation to regulate retirement savings in superannuation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Tutorial Presentation (20%)
- Critical Essay (40%)
- Case Study (40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Core Tax Legislation and Study Guide 2020