You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Need for estate planning
- Wills, powers of attorney and guardianship
- Ownership and passing of assets
- Estate administration
- The use of trusts in estate planning
- Tax returns of an estate
- Social security estate planning
- Capital Gains Tax and death
- Superannuation and death benefits
- Business succession planning
- Other estate planning issues
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Refer to the subject outline provided by Curtin University for information on texts and subject references.
This subject was previously known as Estate Planning.
This subject explores taxation and social security issues relating to estate planning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (25%)
- Case Study 2 (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.