Advanced Estate Planning
Interrogate the legal system and focus on the specifics of contract and corporation law.Contrast Australia’s legal processes with examples from other countries. Go over the rights and responsibilities of companies, their members and their directors.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 May 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain why estate planning is an essential part of the financial planning process
- identify and analyse critical areas of estate planning
- explain the implications of business succession planning.
- Need for estate planning
- Wills, powers of attorney and guardianship
- Ownership and passing of assets
- Estate administration
- The use of trusts in estate planning
- Tax returns of an estate
- Social security estate planning
- Capital Gains Tax and death
- Superannuation and death benefits
- Business succession planning
- Other estate planning issues
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Refer to the subject outline provided by Curtin University for information on texts and subject references.
This subject was previously known as Estate Planning.
This subject explores taxation and social security issues relating to estate planning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (25%)
- Case Study 2 (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: