Advanced Corporate Taxation
Spearhead an investigation into advanced taxation techniques, concepts and issues. Summarise company taxation issues such as losses and distribution. Debate how debt rules can affect firms. Demonstrate an understanding of international taxation.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- examine and explain issues which arise in the context of company taxation including capital gain tax, distributions, losses and winding up
- explain how the debt/equity rules and deemed dividends impact on companies
- apply the corporate restructuring and consolidation measures to develop solutions for corporate clients
- determine how the tax avoidance provisions operate to impact on income tax decision making in a global context.
- Corporate taxation
- International taxation
- Tax avoidance legislation, audits and appeals
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Advanced Taxation.
This subject deals with advanced corporate tax issues, including dividends, debt, consolidations, corporate restructuring and barriers to tax avoidance.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Essay (30%)
- Report and Presentation (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.