- Introduction to Vietnamese ONE A
- Xin l i, anh tên là gì? Excuse me, what is your name?
- Cô là ng i n c nào? Where are you from?
- D o này anh làm gì? What are you doing these days?
- Bây gi cô s ng đâu? Where do you live now?
- Bây gi là m y gi ? What time is it now?
- Cô h c ti ng vi t đâu? Where do you study Vietnamese?
- Hôm nay là th m y? What day is today?
- Cô đi th ng đ ng này ‐ Go straight ahead on this street
- Tôi nên đi b ng gì? How should I go?
- Gia đình ch có m y ng i? How many people are there in your family?
- Anh cho tôi xem th c đ n ‐ Please let me see the menu
- Quê anh y xa quá! His hometown is very far away!
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Virtual Classroom
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
If you have prior experience in learning this language, this subject may not be appropriate for you. You may be required to take a placement test.
- OtherDetails -
To successfully engage in this subject students will need the following:
- Laptop or computer
- Computer camera (either inbuilt or webcam)
- Headset with microphone
- Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser
- Reliable internet access
- Access to a scanner or smartphone.
An introduction to contemporary spoken and written Vietnamese. This subject
introduces the tones, essential syntax and the writing system of the Vietnamese
language. By working through a series of graded and contextualised dialogues the students will begin to develop reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. The context of language use includes greetings, the individual, the family, time and date. Attention is given to the social and cultural context of language use. Vietnamese is spoken by more than 90 million people in Vietnam. It is also the native language of nearly 4 million people residing overseas; it is the sixth most‐spoken language in Australia. Study of Vietnamese will put students in a unique position to enter Vietnamese‐speaking environment and to gain a deep understanding of its rich culture, friendly people, and vibrant society.
- 10 x Weekly assignments (30%)
- Mid-semester oral presentation (10%)
- Final oral presentation (10%)
- Mid-semester written exam (25%)
- Final written exam (25%)
Textbook information is pending.