Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jul 2021
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. Their location points to their unique history, ties to the Australian Government and special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their focus on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures their graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges. ANU offers an outstanding variety of programs for Australia's next generation of language leaders. Their innovative online subjects are offered from beginning to advanced levels via OUA, and various enrolment options provide for different student needs and goals.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise and use a specialist vocabulary suitable for independent study on areas of personal academic interest
- Create sentence structures to support the expression of complex ideas and arguments
- Evaluate a wide range of largely self-selected formal and informal texts relating to their areas of personal interest and academic specialisation; interact independently with informants to elicit desired information on personal research projects and present that research in an academic manner to other advanced learners
- Debate current issues in Thai culture with native speakers spontaneously and in a manner appropriate to all different levels of society
- International Relations 1
- International Relations 2
- Thailand and ASEAN 1
- Thailand and ASEAN 2
- Thailand and ASEAN 3
- Thailand's foreign policy 1
- Thailand's foreign policy 2
- Thailand Economic 1
- Thailand Economic 2
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
To enrol in this course, you must have completed THAI 5 or have been permitted entry based on the results of the Thai language placement test.
- EquipmentDetails - To successfully engage in this course students will need the following: • Laptop or computer • Computer camera (either inbuilt or webcam) • Headset with microphone • Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser • Reliable internet access • Access to a scanner or smartphone
- OtherDetails -
This is a fast paced academic course at a University level.
Thai 6 sees advanced learners working with significant independence, locating and analysing their own primary sources to produce substantial academic output in the Thai language. Following Thai 6, interested and diligent students will be well-placed to continue to a higher-level academic degree or career role in which they may draw on their acquired skills and knowledge.
Via face-to-face video at a set time prescribed by the University. Please be aware of potential time zone differences.
- Reading and writing assignments will be in the form of 'weekly take-home assessments' and occasionally in-class activities. (20%)
- Students are required to read and translate Thai and English documents about 500 words in length each week. Assessments must be submitted online in the stipulated format through Wattle or via email by the due date. (30%)
- The mid-semester presentation & examination will be conducted in the week 7 (after semester break) and will cover the discussions from weeks 1-6. The presentation will be 45-60 minutes long. (10%)
- Students will be required to give a 60-minute presentation in Thai at the end of the semester. (10%)
- The final essay, due at the end of the semester, will be 500-700 words written in Thai. (15%)
- A class-discussion will be conducted weekly in a tutorial-like format in order to develop communicative competence in different contexts/scenarios. The weekly material and activities will be presented or referred on the wattle site for this course (15%)
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 29 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.