- Readings from Lanman’s Sanskrit Reader
- Selected readings from classic Sanskrit literature
- Virtual Classroom
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Overview Notes
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
Completion of SKRT2103 Hindi 3 or demonstration of equivalent level through completion of a placement test. Students with prior knowledge of the language will be required to take a placement test. Students are not permitted to enrol in a subject that is lower than the level they achieve in the placement test, or a lower level than a subject they have already completed. Students without the appropriate level of proficiency for ANU-SKRT2104 (Sanskrit 4) will be withdrawn from this subject and we will recommend an alternative subject at the correct level.
- EquipmentDetails - To successfully engage in this course students will need the following: • Laptop or computer • Computer camera (either inbuilt or webcam) • Headset with microphone • Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser • Reliable internet access • Access to a scanner or smartphone
Sanskrit, the classical language of India, has long been renowned for its beauty, subtlety and complexity. It is the key to the civilisational treasures of
Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, and provides direct access to a vast repository of literary, scientific and philosophical wisdom. At the ANU we seek
to balance the traditional practice of textual reception—reading and grammar—with language production—speaking, chanting and singing—to provide
a truly balanced curriculum. In Sanskrit 4, students will strengthen their grammar skills and enjoy further readings from the classics of Sanskrit literature.
- Upload written class notes weeks 1-6 (30%%)
- Upload written class notes weeks 7-12 (30%%)
- Take home exam: Sanskrit to English translation (40%%)
Textbook information is pending.