Introductory Portuguese II
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Jul 2023
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate knowledge of Portuguese grammar and lexicon;
- discuss a variety of topics in Portuguese;
- read and understand literary and non-literary texts;
- write descriptive texts and short essays; and
- show good understanding of cultural and traditional practices specific to Portuguese societies in the world.
- Giving commands and asking for directions
- Describing and itinerary, vocabulary related to travelling and holidays
- Giving suggestions, direct objects and simple past
- Direct objects and simple past
- Describing the parts of a house, talking about sports
- Imperfect past tense, prepositions and pronouns
- Imperfect past tense and compound past
- Describing pain and talking about the human body and indirect object, regular and irregular participles
- Past Perfect, direct and indirect speech, discussing work related issues, doing a job interview
- Distinguishing some differences between European and Brazilian Portuguese and Future Perfect
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
This is a fast paced academic course at a University level. To enrol in this course you must have completed PORT1001, or have equivalent level of language proficiency as demonstrated by placement test, or with permission of the convener. You are not able to enrol in this course if you have previously completed any of the following courses: PORT2001, PORT2002, PORT6502, PORT6503 or PORT6504.
No additional requirements
This course builds on Introductory Portuguese I, and develops further the students' reading, writing and conversational skills at an advanced beginner's level with Portuguese as the medium of instruction. Teaching is based on a communicative approach to language learning simulating real-life situations in the classroom and beyond. The course also continues to introduce and expands on cultural aspects and traditional knowledge related the Portuguese speaking world through the language classes.
In-Class Writing 1 (10%) Midterm Exam (20%) In-Class Writing 2 (15%) Oral Exam (15%) Final Exam (30%) Class Participation and Engagement (10%)
- In-Class Writing 1 (10%)
- Midterm Exam (20%)
- In-Class Writing 2 (15%)
- Class Participation and Engagement (10%)
- Oral Exam (15%)
- Final Exam (30%)
Current study term: 23 Jul 23 to 27 Oct 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.