Elementary Turkish A
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- acquire fundamental knowledge of the sounds of the Turkish language and vowel and consonant harmonies;
- communicate in everyday life situations in Turkish within a range of selected topics;
- write and understand simple short sentences and read passages of moderate length in Turkish;
- use basic grammatical concepts enabling them to refer to present, past and future events; and
- understand Turkish culture and society through reading related texts and cases.
- Turkish Language
You are not able to enrol in this course if you have completed any of the following courses: TURK1002, TURK2001, TURK2002, TURK6001, TURK6002, TURK6503, or TURK6504
No additional requirements
This course will introduce students to basic Turkish language in alignment with the A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Students will learn how to introduce themselves, talk about their day and use simple structures and familiar phrases. They will be able to understand simple conversations if enunciated slowly and clearly. The students will be expected to complete online study modules weekly before attending the online live session. No previous knowledge of the Turkish language is required.
Indicative Assessment Participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5] Homework (pre- and post-class activities to consolidate learning) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5] 2 small tasks (oral and written) (15% each) (30) [LO 1,2,3] Mid-semester assessment (writing, speaking, listening, reading) (20) [LO 1,2,3,4] Final assessment (writing, speaking, listening, reading) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Participation (10%)
- Pre- and post-class activities (10%)
- Written task (15%)
- Oral task (15%)
- Mid-semester assessment (20%)
- Final assessment (30%)
Current study term: 20 Feb 22 to 27 May 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.