Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Jul 2020
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. Their location points to their unique history, ties to the Australian Government and special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their focus on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures their graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges. ANU offers an outstanding variety of programs for Australia's next generation of language leaders. Their innovative online subjects are offered from beginning to advanced levels via OUA, and various enrolment options provide for different student needs and goals.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Reproduce Burmese pronunciation in Burmese script with some basic knowledge of irregular spellings.
- Use an active vocabulary of around 700 items.
- Recognise and produce contextually appropriate utterances in the sentence structures of colloquial Burmese relevant to frequently occurring situations in everyday life.
- Read and produce texts written in colloquial style Burmese such as personal messages, speech scripts and some cartoons.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural practices which includes social etiquette, basic knowledge of their traditional and national events.
- More varieties of expression for greetings and small talk
- Let’s describe your field study and after-school interests
- Introducing your family members and their occupations
- Talking about daily routine activities
- How to count and describe items you see at home and the market
- Impress the interviewer with your ability
- Informal greetings plus food related expressions
- Climate, geography and ethnicity – compare the differences
- Restriction and permissions – feel the freedom of festive season
- Helpful responses to use when listening to a speaker
- A conversation on health and the naming of body parts
- Discussing future plans and organising an event
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
You may be required to take a placement test.
- EquipmentDetails - To successfully engage in this course students will need the following: • Laptop or computer • Computer camera (either inbuilt or webcam) • Headset with microphone • Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser • Reliable internet access • Access to a scanner or smartphone
- OtherDetails -
This is a fast paced academic course at a University level.
This subject will build on the skills students learned in Burmese 1.
Via face-to-face video at a set time prescribed by the University. Please be aware of potential time zone differences.
- Quizzes x 10 (15%)
- Mid-term oral test (10%)
- Mid-term listening comprehension test (5%)
- Mid-term written test (10%)
- Final oral exam (20%)
- Final listening comprehension test (10%)
- Final exam (25%)
- Class Participation (5%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.