Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Advanced Persian B
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Nov 2023
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skill to: (1) Comprehend concrete and abstract topic presented in different medium using knowledge of linguistic and cultural content to a proficient level. (2) Apply grammar, pronunciation and intonation accurately in a written and spoken medium for different contexts. (3) Write and translate texts of high difficulty between Persian and English with control of correct morphology, syntactical structures and punctuation in a legible and stylistically correct grammar. (4) Comprehend and engage in extended-length conversations using Persian at an advanced level.
- 1. Lesson 1 The Story of Zal and Simorgh
- داستان زال و سیمرغ
- 2. Lesson 2 Cuisine Persian
- سفره ایرانی
- 3. Lesson 3 Asylum Seeking from Different Prospective
- پناهندگی از چند نگاه
- 4. Lesson 4 Contemporary Persian Poetry
- شعر معاصر فارسی
- 5. Lesson 5 The Government
- حکومت و دولت
- 6. Lesson 6 Fiction in Persian Literature
- ادبیات داستانی
- 7. Non-Teaching Period
- 8. Non-Teaching Period
- 10. Lesson 8
- 11. Lesson 9
- Transportation and Communication
- حمل و نقل و ارتباطات
- 12. Lesson 10 Economy and Capital
- اقتصاد و سرمایه
- 13. Lesson 11 Reading Shahnameh: Rostam and Sohrab (1)
- شاهنامه خوانی: داستان رستم و سهراب 1 ))
- 14. Lesson 12 Reading Shahnameh Rostam and Sohrab (2(
- شاهنامه خوانی: داستان رستم و سهراب2))
- 15. Final Exam
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
This is a fast paced academic course at a University level. Via face-to-face video at a set time prescribed by the University. Please be aware of potential time zone differences.
- Attendance requirements - No
- Equipment requirements - Yes
- Software requirements - No
- Travel requirements - No
- Other requirements - The students who have not taken Intermediate Persian B with ANU, can take placement test for evaluating their eligibility to take Advanced Persian A.
This course builds on Advanced Persian A. It will develop various skills such as the capacity to use some idiomatic and conversational forms and ability to use them freely in speech; proficiency in written structures of advanced complexity and the capacity to use such structures clearly and accurately; interpreting messages of an advanced level of complexity occurring in a variety of audio-visual media and individual and group spoken forms. Students should become conversant in some aspects of advanced Persian syntax and morphology, the historical development of Persian language and literature up to the modern period including some examples of literary writing and translation of sophisticated classical and modern poetry and prose.
Assessment 1 Weekly written Assignment Weekly written assignments on the topics provided based on weekly lessons-30% Assessment 2 Two Oral Assessments Two five-minute recording of a reading passages on the suggested topics- 30% (15 % each) Assessment 3 Participations Preparation and participation in the weekly conversation classes. Students engage in an online conversation with the tutor and/or other students. 10 % Assessment 4 Final Exam Online Final 30%
- Two five-minute recording of a reading passages on the suggested topics. (30%)
- Online final exam (30%)
- Preparation and participation in the weekly conversation classes. Students engage in an online conversation with the tutor and/or other students. (10%)
- Weekly written assignments on the topics provided based on weekly lessons (30%)
Current study term: 19 Nov 23 to 14 Dec 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.