UniReady Enabling Subjects
Choose this simple step for university success
Need a final boost to get ready for university-level study? This program works through presentation, communication, study, and self-management skills to make sure that you’re set to succeed.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 14 Aug 22
- 13 Nov 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of the degree students will be able to:
- prepare students to successfully undertake undergraduate programs by understanding and applying discipline knowledge, concepts and principles appropriately
- demonstrate skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing and note-taking/making through specific content and controversial themes, which are selected to encourage critical thinking and analysis
- locate, extract and critically appraise relevant evidence to selected disciplines
- develop oral presentations and writing skills appropriate to university entry level
- use electronic resources to effectively collect, collate information and to communicate effectively online
- self motivated, critical and reflective
- investigate and critically analyse the meaning of the term 'globalisation' to consider issues from a variety of perspectives within their discipline
- develop critical appreciation of the major perspectives from which human behaviour, attitudes, thoughts, interactions, literature, language, society, culture and communications are presented and interpreted
- apply independent learning and self management strategies to future undergraduate study.
Completion qualifies students for entry into Curtin undergraduate degrees that have minimum entry requirements and no pre-requisites.
No eligibility requirements
Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is assessed on individual merit and is awarded for different types of learning, for example, studies you have previously completed or for relevant work experience.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all required supporting documentation for a formal assessment.
To apply for CRL, please visit the Curtin University website: https://study.curtin.edu.au/credit/
It is important to note accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For further information see the scanned documents and certification requirements and guidelines.
More information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the Credit for Recognised Learning Policy (PDF).
UniReady will enable students to matriculate into Curtin (and other universities). The program incorporates a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness that caters to students with a wide range of educational backgrounds, ages and experiences. This program is flexible enough to allow students to complete one, some or all of the subjects in the degree depending on credit for recognised learning.
Recommended Study Pattern
In order to use the UniReady subjects as a pathway to an undergraduate degree, four subjects need to be successfully completed. Students need to enrol in the two core subjects and select two subjects from the five optional subjects.
Successful completion of 4 subjects.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.