Master of Science (Environment and Sustainability)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program graduates should be able to:
- Integrate an advanced understanding of a complex body of expert knowledge in a discipline of science.
- Apply established research theories and principles associated with scholarship and/or professional practice within a relevant science discipline.
- Critically analyse, reflect on, and synthesise complex expert information, problems, concepts and theories applicable to a relevant science discipline.
- Interpret and transmit expert knowledge, skills and ideas, both individually and collaboratively, to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Display autonomy, responsibility, adaptability and ethical practise in decision-making and engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection in a range of professional and cultural contexts.
Graduates with a degree in environment and sustainability science can work in a magnitude of careers. In fact, a lot of professionals in a broad range of industries now require an understanding of sustainability. But those wanting to specialise in the field can use this program to kick-start a career in the growing field of resource and environmental management.
Completed Bachelor Degree (any field) + English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s
Credit for previous study or work
Modern environment and natural resource management requires the integration of social, environmental and economic research. It also requires a capacity to handle complexity and uncertainty and the application of different methods of analysis and different approaches to governance and community engagement. This coursework masters degree addresses these needs by providing important core studies and flexibility in choice of elective studies that will enhance their skills and knowledge in the broad discipline of environment and sustainability. Adaptation to climate change and sustainability science are emphasised in global and regional contexts in this specialisation.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.