Master of Marketing
Take your place as a marketing leader
Expand existing marketing knowledge with a course that will see you use creativity, strategy and communication skills to tackle big business challenges. Learn to think tactically about value, positioning and competitive advantage on a global scale.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 02 Jul 23
- 02 Jul 23
- 13 Aug 23
- 22 Oct 23
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Graduates of a Master of Marketing will have an:
- Advanced knowledge and a contemporary understanding of existing and emerging marketing methodologies including those relating to branding, advertising and promotion, digital media, consumer behaviour, retailing, services, channels, metrics, strategy and entrepreneurships
- Specialised knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory that underpin research within the marketing discipline.
Marketing careers can incorporate a wide span of professions covering advertising, public relations, sales, marketing research and analysis, digital marketing and more. If you are looking to start a new career in marketing, or to advance your career, a postgraduate certification from Griffith University will not only enhance your resume, but will provide you will with the knowledge, expertise and confidence you need.
Marketing professionals are in demand in almost every organisation. Marketing careers can be specialised, or can incorporate a broad range of marketing functions. A Master of Marketing qualification allows you to develop your overall strategic marketing skills, in addition to enhancing your understanding of niche marketing functions. The skills and techniques you'll learn completing the Master of Marketing will deepen your critical knowledge and expertise in marketing, providing you with increased confidence and ability to provide strategic marketing advice.
The Master of Marketing qualification could provide you with career opportunities across the diverse spectrum of marketing, but in particular you will develop high level skills in the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Brand management
- Market research
- Strategic marketing
Staying connected can optimise your career opportunities. When you join the program, you will join the Master of Marketing - Griffith LinkedIn group. Membership and sharing in this group will provide a valuable opportunity for you to network with students, graduates and convenors during the program and beyond. Additionally, within each course you will also be able to engage with other students through digital mediums. These connections will provide ongoing opportunities to develop professional and personal connections with likeminded people. Furthermore, while studying online, you will be invited to Griffith Business School events as well as having access to Griffith University career services.
The Master of Marketing is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute.
- hold a related Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale) OR
- hold a Griffith Graduate Certificate in Marketing (or equivalent) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale). Students with a Griffith Graduate Certificate in Marketing will receive 40 credit points of advanced standing OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Reduce the time it takes to finish your degree. You can apply to Griffith to recognise your prior learning, including:
• Formal learning through courses completed at uni and TAFE.
• Informal learning through workplace experience or volunteer training.
• Non-formal learning through social experiences and hobbies.
Marketing is fast-paced, exciting and always challenging. It is an ideal career if you are creative, analytical and a good communicator. You will gain a solid base of knowledge and expertise in the latest techniques and technologies in consumer behaviour, market research and integrated marketing communications.
The Master of Marketing program builds on this foundation, where you will learn advanced marketing principles, best practice and new approaches to build customer relationships. Your studies will enable you to think strategically about value, positioning and competitive advantage in a global context through branding and digital marketing applications.
The Master of Marketing is offered online. You will be able to access course materials, participate in learning activities, lodge assessment items and access support services via Learning@Griffith. There is no requirement for on-campus attendance and access to a reliable computer with internet connection is essential.
This program comprises 12 courses to be completed over two years. The program is taught over six teaching periods throughout the year and students can begin in any teaching period. Each course is taught over a six week period. Students will complete one course in each teaching period.
Recommended Study Pattern
As a guide, core subjects in this degree can include:
• Marketing Foundations
• Corporate Communications
• Advanced Consumer Behaviour
• Brand Strategy and Management
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
To be eligible for the award of Master of Marketing (MMark), a student must acquire 120 credit points for the prescribed courses.