Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Master of Marketing
Strategise for success with this full-stack marketing qualification
Level up your marketing ability, and develop strategic decision-making skills. Apply marketing theories, construct digital campaign strategies, synthesise complex information, generate strategic solutions, and develop reporting and presentation nous.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 16 Aug 20
- 15 Nov 20
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- apply specialised knowledge theories, models and concepts relevant to digital marketing and be proficient in their application
- critically analyse the digital marketing environment and think creatively to generate strategic solution; apply logical; rational and reflective processes in high level decision making that is evidence-informed
- analyse and synthesise complex information, problems and concepts by applying established marketing theories and principles and demonstrating technical skills in digital marketing practice
- develop effective oral and written skills to communicate complex digital marketing information to a variety of audiences; and apply research methodologies to generate insight for reports and digital content
- develop an understanding of digital marketing strategies, dynamics and platforms and apply this knowledge to construct digital campaign strategies for delivering and refining content across a broad spectrum of digital contexts and environments
- employ an intellectual curiosity that is able to integrate new information with existing knowledge, and develop a lifelong attitude of continuing professional development in the marketing discipline including formulation of strategic solutions to diverse problems related to marketing services and products in dynamic contexts
- evaluate digital marketing principles and techniques in adapting to global market in a constantly changing networked economy
- recognise the nature of cultural trends and diversity in various societies and apply decision making skills that incorporate ethical and social and global perspectives in order to adapt or to develop culturally sensitive efforts in marketing
- apply professional proficiency in the utilisation of information and technology in marketing contexts as well as developing effective independent or collaborative work skills to ethically apply specialised knowledge and expert judgement to marketing tasks.
Graduates may qualify for entry to Doctoral degrees. For further details, see the Graduate Research School website http://research.curtin.edu.au/postgraduate-research/future-research-students/entry-requirements/
Applicants require a bachelor degree or Graduate Certificate in Marketing
A bachelor degree in any discipline and at least five years' of substantial work experience in Marketing.
Applicants who have attained the edX MicroMasters in Marketing in a Digital World credential may be eligible to apply for credits. Please see more information in Credit for previous study or work section.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants for a Masters are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards (IELTS requirement of 6.5 overall (with no individual band less than 6)).
Applicants for a Master Degree are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at: https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/.
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is assessed on individual merit and is awarded for different types of learning, for example, studies you have previously completed or for relevant work experience.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all required supporting documentation for a formal assessment.
To apply for CRL, please visit the Curtin University website: https://study.curtin.edu.au/credit/
It is important to note accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For further information see the scanned documents and certification requirements and guidelines.
More information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the Credit for Recognised Learning manual (PDF).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
This degree is designed for applicants wanting to gain advanced knowledge in marketing and increase their strategic decision-making skills. The degree builds on existing skills, improving participants' ability to manage the risk and uncertainty associated with all marketing decisions.
To qualify for the Master of Marketing students must complete 11 subjects or equivalent (10 single subjects, 1 double subject).
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.