Master of Leadership in Service Innovation
Lead the innovation of future business services
Transform your approach to leadership and management. Engage your teams. Prepare for digital disruption and automation. Through the lens of the emerging experience-based economy, you’ll explore how to innovate, adapt, and create value in any industry.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Enjoy the flexibility of studying a program taught completely online at a leading Australian university, which you can complete on a part-time basis and access around the world so you can balance study with work and life.
- Engage in a program with a multi and cross-disciplinary perspective aimed at developing the transformational mindset needed for leaders of tomorrow.
- Gain comprehensive insights into the skills that leaders need to be successful and relevant, such as service innovation, value creation and customer centricity as you undertake advanced-level courses.
- Vice president of customer experience
- Chief customer officer
- Senior customer and user experience designer
- Customer and user experience lead
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters credential with 65% in the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment, plus three years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
The Master of Leadership in Service Innovation is offered online via UQ's partnership with edX to be globally accessible at affordable pricing. The program is based on the principle that today's business environment is changing rapidly. Digital disruption, automation, AI, socio-demographic changes and geopolitical shifts are just some of the factors that make managing challenging, not just for businesses, but for public sector and not-for-profit organisations. This program adopts a multi and cross-disciplinary perspective aimed at developing the transformational mindset needed for leaders in a rapidly changing world. The program coalesces two important challenges facing managers. The first is the move to the service and experience-based economy, which makes it critically important to embed a culture of customer experience, value co-creation, and change throughout organisations. This is facilitated by the second challenge: embedding a culture of continuous innovation that enables organisations to execute new ideas to create value for all stakeholders. This program is offered in web-based mode only. Due to course scheduling and pre-requisites, this program can be completed on a part-time basis only.