Master of International Business
Excel in the complex world of international business
Develop a strategic approach to international business, backed by your advanced research skills. You can choose specialisations including ICT, finance, and innovation. Get ready to land executive and high-level management roles across the globe.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
University of the Sunshine Coast's teaching has been awarded 5 stars for the past 16 years. They're young, fresh and doing big things with far-reaching impacts, like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, and producing award-winning alumni. Innovative thinking that moves everyone forward is their philosophy. Together with their people, community and partners, they're building a supported environment of learning, networking and opportunities.
Learn more about UniSC.
Explore UniSC courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
- Learn strategic management, managing across global cultures, international trade and finance, and marketing in an international environment
- Learn advanced research techniques which you can apply to an area of international business you are passionate about
- Use learnt techniques to research international business issues and solve problems on the world stage.
- Account Executive
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- General Manager
- High level management roles
- Senior Project Manager
Graduates may be eligible to become members of:
- Academy of International Business
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
- Australian and New Zealand International Business Academy
- Australian Institute of Management
Students will require either:
- possession of a bachelor's degree in business or related field, or a degree with at least two thirds of completed courses in business or related field, from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent; or
- for students with an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than business, the USC Graduate Certificate in Management or equivalent approved program of study.
Please refer to Application dates for the closing dates to submit an applications to study at UniSC.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants from a non-English speaking background must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
If you've completed prior study or have relevant work experience, you may, under specified conditions, be eligible for credit towards your USC degree.
Visit Credit Transfer and How to apply for credit for more information.
Conduct business on the world stage. This program will equip you with high level skills to manage a business in the complex, competitive and challenging world of international business. Knowing how to do business internationally is in high demand.
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered full-time or equivalent part-time.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
Required Courses (6) 72 units
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS705 Innovation Management and Professional Development
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
MGT704 Global Business Management
MKG701 Marketing in a Global Environment
Elective courses (6) 72 units
Select any 6 postgraduate (500 or 700 level) courses (72 units) from the School of Business and Creative Industries.
These electives can be used to complete courses in the following specialisations:
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Global Business
- Health Sector Business Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- Each study period, you have the choice to switch between full-time and part-time study. Full-time study is enrolling in three or more courses per study period, while part-time study is one or two courses per study period.
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 144 units.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Master of International Business, students are required to successfully complete 144 units as outlined in the Program Structure.