Master of International Business
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
The Griffith Master of International Business enrols students from all over the world, particularly professionals from Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe and North and South America. Griffith was the first university that offered a postgraduate International Business degree in the Southern Hemisphere. This program will enable students to develop a high competency in international business and equip students with strategic thinking and practical skills in dealing with a dynamic and culturally diverse global economy, which is increasingly digitised. This program emphasises engagement with industry. There are exciting opportunities for students to conduct projects with local and international corporations and to participate in supervised internships and exchange programs in Asia, North America and Europe through worldwide alliances.
You will find career opportunities in multinational firms, public sector organisations and firms engaged in country risk analysis and international trade and investment.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of International Business, a student must:
- hold a related Bachelor degree or Graduate Certificate (or higher) from a recognised university (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 point scale), OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Master of International Business (MIntBus), a student must successfully complete 120 credit points including:
- 60 credit points for core courses AND60 credit points for electives OR
- 20 credit points for electives and 10 credit points for the research methodology course and 30 credit points for the dissertation courses.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.
Degree structure can be found here