Master of Human Resource Management
Contribute to organisational success with your expertise in people management
Hone your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make confident HR decisions. Take charge of your organisation’s valuable assets—select, develop and lead employees by calling on your global body of HR knowledge and skills.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic human resource management problems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of human resource management knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods.
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables.
- Justify decisions and judgements that address a complex human resource management issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
Potential career opportunities exist for graduates in the fields of human resource management, employment relations, recruitment, talent management, organisational development and more.
Possible future job titles: Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Director, Employment Relations Manager, Workplace Relations Manager, Recruitment Consultant, Talent Manager, HR Officer, Talent Acquisition Health and Safety Coordinator, Director of People and Culture
All applicants are required to have an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in a discipline other than Human Resource Management, or an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, with equivalents considered. Alternatively applicants can apply with equivalent prior learning, including at least five years appropriate professional experience.
Work and Life
Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course develops excellence in people management, to enhance the ability of leaders and managers to make meaningful contributions to organisational success.
It provides students with the ability to respond to people management challenges within contemporary organisations, and develop skills in communication, teamwork, critical thinking and problem-solving. This coursework degree will ensure graduates are business-driven HR professionals, with expertise in people management.
Students must complete 12 units
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisations
- MAN5730 HRM Fundamentals
- Plus one unit from:
- FBL5020 Marketing Leadership
- FBL5030 Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business
- MAN5901 Information Systems Challenges in Management
- MAN6702 Attracting and Retaining People
- MAN6704 Managing and Rewarding Employee Performance
- MAN6708 Managing Employment Relations
- MAN6706 Developing Individuals, Leaders and Organisations
- OHS6205 Health, Safety and Workplace Environment
- Plus 1 unit from:
- BUS6900 Management Practicum
- MAN6925 Project Management
- MBA6090 Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
- MBA6150 Working Across Cultures
- MAN6712 Connecting Strategy and HRM
- MAN6714 Current Issues in Human Resource Management
- MAN6720 Managing Change